WHAT WE BELIEVE
We have created this page to share our fundamental beliefs. We believe it is important to put this here, as there are many various "religious beliefs" that appear "Christian", but is "another gospel" being presented, as Galatians 1: 6-9 says:
I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed. ~ (NKJV)
With that said, here are 10 fundamental beliefs we have as Christians. As professing Christians we should share these beliefs, for they are the foundation of our Faith.
What We Believe
- We believe in One God who created the universe and everything in it.
(Isaiah 43: 10-13; Isaiah 44: 24; Deut. 6: 4; 1 Corinthians 8: 4-6)
- We believe that God became flesh, in Jesus Christ. So He is One with God.
(John 1:1-5; John 1:14-18; Isaiah 9: 6-7; John 17:20-23; John 17:5; John 16:27-30; John 14:7-11;)
- We believe Jesus Christ was born of a virgin. In saying this, We believe Mary was a virgin when she 'gave birth'.
(Luke 1: 26-38)
- We believe Jesus died on the Cross for our sins, that we may be forgiven. And that He was bodily raised to life on the third day.
(Luke 23: 33-34; Luke 24: 1-7; Isaiah 53: 3-7)
- We believe we shall have 'eternal life' by accepting God's plan of Salvation which is accepting Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour.
(1 John 5: 10-12; Romans 10:9; Acts 4:11-12; Colossians 2:6; Ephesians 3:16-19; Ephesians 5:18; 1 Timothy 2:5)
- We believe in being 'baptized' by full-immersion after receiving Jesus as Lord and Saviour. We do not believe that water baptism saves a person. Salvation is a free gift by accepting Jesus.
(Romans 6: 3-4; Matthew 28: 19; Ephesians 2: 8-10)
- We believe in the work of the Holy Spirit through ordinary people, and that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are relevant for today.
(1 Corinthians 12, John 1: 33; Acts 1: 5-9, 2: 1-18; 1 Cor. 14: 2-4, 14-19)
- We believe that the word of God (the Bible) is the only authority, and is inspired by the Holy Spirit, and is the only truth that we must live by. We do not believe or accept any other teachings or beliefs, there is only 'One Truth'.
(2 Timothy 3: 16-17; Hebrews 4: 12; 1 Peter 1: 25;
- We believe that Jesus Christ will come back again to gather up His Church an event we call the Rapture.
(Acts 1: 11; 1 Thessalonians 4: 13-18)
- We believe there is a real 'Heaven' and a real 'Hell'. And where we spend our eternity is determined by which one we choose while we're alive. There are no second chances after 'Death'.
(Revelation 21: 22-27, 20: 10-15;