LEAD A FRIEND TO JESUS
Recently the weather has been very stormy and wet. We have had some beautiful days with blue skies only to be followed by several days of clouds and rain.
Weathermen remind us to take our umbrellas where we go and then show us the week's predictions with lots of little bursts of sunshine in the boxes.
Isn't that a great picture of what life is like? Some days partly cloudy, some days partly sunny, days full of storms, and days that seem so wet we're likely to drown.
But no matter what the weather outside, we can have eternal “Sonshine” on the inside.
Would you like to give a friend a priceless gift that would last forever?
You can do that by introducing him or her to that “Sonshine.”His name is Jesus; He can change a life and guarantee eternal life in heaven.
We all have friends and acquaintances who don't know Jesus.
- We live beside them,
- work beside them, even
- go to church with them.
Often we just don't know how to bring the subject up. It may feel awkward or too personal. But it doesn't have to be that way.
Here are a few tips for sharing the Gospel with others.
- Build a relationship first. Get to know your friends and let them get to know you. They will see your heart and know the sincerity of your witness.
- Be yourself. Don't try to use churchy words or spiritual expressions. Talk to your friend conversationally. Tell him or her what your life was like before you became a Christian and how Jesus has made a difference in your life.
- Don't be judgmental. Sometimes those we share Christ with have very different backgrounds. If you are hearing new stories from your friend, pray for guidance as to how to respond. Remember, sin is sin and you are simply one sinner sharing the Savior with another.
- Don't take any response personally. You are the messenger and the Holy Spirit will take the message and give your friend understanding.
- Be willing to answer questions but don't be afraid to say you don't know the answer. Search for answers you don't know, ask Pastor Larry a Bible (?), and get back to your friend.
- Realize that it is not over just because you have shared how you surrendered your life to Jesus Christ. He or She may not be ready yet. Continue to pray for your friend and ask God to give him or her an understanding of what you have shared.
- Also, ask God to show you ways you can make your story clearer next time He gives you a chance to share it.
Would you like some help telling your friend about Jesus?
Click on our 'The Big Question' page and I will explain salvation to your friend or acquaintance.
We can send them a special note and introduction to the eternal life that God has prepared for them.
Listen to those around you this week.
- Do you hear someone who is asking for the message of God's love in his or her life?
- Let God direct you to tell him or her all about it. God wants all of us to go to heaven.
- Are you listening to someone who wants to know how to have eternal life? What a wonderful thing to hear!
Share these simple steps to salvation with a friend who is seeking today.
WHAT YOUR FRIEND NEEDS TO KNOW;
- BORN OF A VIRGIN
- LIVED A SINLESS LIFE
- PAID FOR OUR SINS
- WAS BURIED IN A TOMB
- ROSE FROM THE DEAD 3 DAYS LATER
- OFFERS FORGIVENESS AS A GIFT
- WILL THEY ACCEPT IT?
John 3:16" For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.17 "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
Rom 3:23 For all have sinned and
come short of the glory of God.
ALL OF US HAVE A
SIN ACCOUNT WITH GOD
DUE AND PAYABLE AT OUR DEATH
ALL MANKIND IS FACING
A PENALTY FOR THEIR SINS!
DEATH FOREVER IN HELL!
Rom 6:23a For the wages of sin is death
Rom 5:8"But God showed His love to us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us."
Rom. 6:23For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
HOW TO RECEIVE
1. Admit to God that you know you are a sinner and those sins have caused you to be separated from Him.
Romans 3:23 says “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
2. Believe that God made a way to bridge that separation
(A bottomless Canyon of Sin).
Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the grave; He paid the penalty for your sins.
3. Receive the gift of His Blood to pay for your sins. By Inviting the Holy Spirit in prayer to enter into your body as you surrender your life fully to Him. Tell Him that you want to live for Him and need His power to change your life.
The Bible says, “But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the children of God, even to those who believe in His name.” John 1:12
God rejoices when anyone asks for & receives His forgiveness and comes into His family. He wants all of us to be His. Just ask Him to come into your life.
You might say something like this.
- Dear God, I know that I am a sinner.
- I need and want Your forgiveness.
- I believe that You gave Your Son, Jesus, to die for my sins.
- I believe that You were buried and rose from the dead. I want You to change my life.
- I want to turn away from my sinful ways.
- I invite Your Spirit to step into my body right now, as I surrender my life to You Forever.
- Teach me how to follow You and obey You.
- Thank You for dying on the cross in my place and rising from the dead for my sins.
- Thank You for accepting me into Your family.
In Jesus' name. Amen.If you prayed this prayer sincerely from your heart Jesus has given you eternal life! Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Nothing will ever change that. Rom 8: 38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
We'd love to hear from you. and help you to grow in the knowledge of Christ. Give us a call at 530-329-5067